Dentures have stood the test of time as a trusted solution for those missing several teeth or even an entire arch. Offering both functionality and aesthetic appeal, dentures can transform one’s oral landscape, ensuring the joy of a confident smile and the benefits of proper oral function. At Sisko Dentistry in Tallmadge, OH, we provide denture services that combine precision, comfort, and natural appearance.
Dentures are an effective and affordable way of replacing missing teeth. Composed of a durable plastic resin and sometimes porcelain, both partial and full dentures can be fabricated to look and feel natural. Today’s dentures are custom-fit to make it possible to eat foods with confidence and speak articulately. Depending on the patient’s preferences and budget, dentures can be crafted for maximum comfort and fracture resistance backed up by limited warranties.
Did you know…
that more than 60 percent of American adults are missing one or more teeth? Approximately 10 percent are missing all of their teeth – requiring a prosthetic solution that will restore function and aesthetics to their smiles. Many of those dental patients choose partial or full dentures to replace missing teeth. In fact, it is estimated that 35 million Americans currently wear partial or full dentures – a number that is only expected to rise as baby boomers begin to reach retirement.
Signs You Might Benefit from Dentures
- Multiple missing teeth affecting speech or chewing.
- Existing teeth showing advanced signs of decay or damage.
- Chronic tooth pain leading to potential extractions.
- Facial muscles sagging due to missing teeth.
- Difficulty in consuming a varied diet due to tooth loss.
- Existing older dentures that no longer fit comfortably or securely.
Understanding the Need for Dentures
Dentures serve a purpose that extends far beyond mere aesthetics. A complete set of teeth, even if they’re artificial replacements, plays a vital role in digestion, assisting in the efficient breakdown of food. Additionally, teeth are pivotal in supporting our facial structure. Without them, muscles can sag, making an appearance that may seem prematurely aged.
The benefits of dentures aren’t just confined to these tangible physical aspects. There’s an undeniable emotional and psychological aspect to consider. Dentures can significantly boost one’s self-esteem. Having the confidence to smile freely to partake in social activities without a constant concern over appearance can immensely uplift an individual’s mental and emotional well-being.
Discover The Denture Options Available With Sisko Dentistry
Providing high-quality dental care requires that our team is ready to address our patient’s needs at every stage of life and oral health. We provide dentures in a variety of styles to address the concerns of patients missing one or more teeth. To ensure that you have the best results possible, we use only those dentures made from the highest-quality materials designed to fit comfortably and provide a natural appearance.
We offer the following styles of dentures to our patients:
- Complete Dentures – If you have lost all of the teeth in one or both arches, complete dentures are the answer you’re looking for. These dentures can restore an entire arch of teeth, and two can be made to accommodate the upper and lower arch in your smile. They can be designed to match the appearance of your natural teeth both in shape and coloration.
- Partial Dentures – When you still have teeth remaining in an arch, you can restore your smile with a partial denture. These dentures are secured to your remaining teeth using metal clasps. As with complete dentures, these can be custom designed to match the appearance of your gums and teeth.
- Immediate Dentures – This style of denture is provided following the extraction of a tooth or teeth. This approach ensures that you can replace the teeth immediately. However, additional adjustments are often needed to ensure the fit is perfect and comfortable.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These are often considered the gold standard for dentures. Rather than being supported using metal clasps or adhesives to affix them to the jaw, these rely on titanium implants. These implants are set into the jawbone and allow a single tooth or an entire arch to be affixed and removed at need. They’re uncomparable stable, and reliable and serve to stimulate bone growth in the jaw. This means they not only provide a stable mount but they also strengthen your jaw over time.
If you’re considering getting dentures, it’s time to schedule a consultation with the team at Sisko Dentistry.
The Journey to Acquiring Dentures
- Consultation: The journey commences with a consultation where our doctor discusses your needs, answers queries, and takes a thorough examination.
- Impressions & Measurements: Detailed impressions and measurements of your mouth will be taken to ensure the dentures fit snugly and comfortably.
- Trial Dentures: Before the final product, a set of trial dentures may be provided to ascertain the fit, color, and shape are to your liking.
- Fitting: Once satisfied, the final dentures are crafted and fitted. Adjustments can be made as needed.
Maintaining Your Dentures
The longevity and functionality of dentures depend significantly on their care. Regular cleaning using designated denture solutions is paramount. They need nightly rests out of the mouth in a soaking solution to retain their shape. Just like natural teeth, they benefit from regular check-ups, ensuring they fit well and remain in prime condition. And while dentures resist staining, they aren’t impervious; limiting consumption of deeply colored foods and beverages helps maintain their appearance.
Brighter Horizons with Dentures
Modern dentures, with their enhanced design and materials, offer a blend of superior functionality and aesthetics. The advancements in dental technology ensure that today’s dentures not only fit more comfortably but also closely mimic the appearance of natural teeth. With diligent care, these dentures can serve as a reliable oral solution for several years.
However, occasional adjustments might be needed, primarily due to natural changes in the jawbone and gums. But even with these minor modifications, dentures remain a robust answer to tooth loss. The choice to invest in dentures, be it for aesthetic or functional reasons, has the potential to immensely enhance one’s overall quality of life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of dentures does Sisko Dentistry offer?
At Sisko Dentistry, we provide a range of options tailored to individual needs, whether you require full, partial, or implant-supported dentures.
How long do dentures last?
With proper care, dentures can last many years. However, it’s normal for the fit to change over time due to natural changes in the gums and jawbone. Regular check-ups with our doctor will ensure your dentures remain in optimal condition.
Am I a candidate for dentures?
You may be a candidate for dentures if you are missing one or more teeth and are in need of an affordable prosthetic solution. Most denture wearers find that partial and full dentures can restore much of their original tooth function – not to mention create a beautiful, natural-looking smile. To find out if dentures are right for you, schedule a consultation with your dentist.
Are dentures comfortable to wear?
Modern dentures are designed with comfort in mind. There might be an initial adjustment period, but most patients find them comfortable with time. If discomfort persists, it’s essential to consult our doctor for potential adjustments.
What should I expect when being fit for dentures?
If you have any decayed or damaged teeth that need to be removed, they will be extracted before your dentist takes a mold of your remaining gum structure, as well as the roof of your mouth. This mold will be sent to a dental lab for denture fabrication. When the completed dentures are completed, you will return to your dentist for a final fitting.
Will I need to follow any special instructions to care for my new dentures?
Yes. Dentures are removable prosthetics that will need to be cleaned and brushed daily. You should also brush your gums daily to prevent infections caused by bacteria. Your dentures should be kept in water when they aren’t in use to prevent them from warping. Keep in mind that it may take some time to adjust to dentures as you learn how to use the muscles in your cheeks and tongue to keep them in place. But over time, you should begin to feel more comfortable with your new prosthetics.
Your Next Steps
Are you prepared to experience the joy of a complete smile once again? Dentures can provide that transformative change, and understanding more about them is the first step. Sisko Dentistry in Tallmadge, OH, is here to guide you through this process.
To determine if dentures are the ideal solution for you, it’s essential to have a thorough consultation. Reach out to us by calling (330) 633-9510 today. Let’s work together on your journey towards oral rejuvenation and confidence.